Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Speaks!

It's Saturday, making it a great day, plus Christmas is coming up. I still have a million presents to buy (and create-shh!), so it's been pretty busy in the Rankin household. It's enjoyable, though. What's really great is that I can get my share of the computer now. For some reason, Amy isn't as over protective of it. I like to believe it is the Christmas Spirit that is "haunting" her. (:

It's almost Christmas, and only a week of school to live through, thank goodness! It's great to be off for a while. Even this weekend feels good! I have barely any homework, and I'm working on it right now, so it's all good. Also, I just went to The Twelve Days of Christmas for my Math Teacher, Mrs. Yuhas. The twelve days of Christmas is when 13 days before Christmas, we follow along with the song. For instance, on the seventh day of Christmas, or seven swans a swimming, then we make seven origami swans, then give them to someone who you think needs a bit of excitement or something. You have to deliver it on secret every day, though. That is what makes it so fun. It has always been a family tradition to do it every year. So, on the very first day, I was my ultra too exciting self and insisted upon driving around the block after delivering the gift to see Mrs. Yuhas face. The expression of the first day is always the greatest. Well, this year I definitely got a good look, that's for sure. Too good, if you catch my drift.

We, my mom and I, drove around the block. When, we come around, Mrs. Yuhas and her daughter are on the porch, and as we drive by, I insist upon mom to drive slower, so I can get a good look at her surprised face. So, here we are driving slowly in front of her house, so slow we are almost stopped. I guess that's what caught their eyes, because as we slowed, they looked up.

The thing with our car is that the back seat windows, no one can see in them because of the type of glass, whatever it's called. But, however, the front seat windows aren't like that. So, I was staring at the window, and Mrs. Yuhas looks up, and whoopdedoo, she's staring right at me. I hear mom say, "look away,", but I don't. I can't because I've now made direct eye contact with my teacher. Yipee!

The next day at school, I'm freaked out about what to do, cause I can't go to math or else she's gonna be like, "hey, why were you at my house yesterday?" Well, I didn't need to worry, because she didn't say that. She said something more like this, "...". So, I'm sitting down, and we usually have a great conversation, but there wasn't anything. So, now I know she's suspicious, and she knows that I'm suspicious because neither of us are approaching the other. Wow.

But anyhow, it's even more fun, because now I have no idea whether she really suspects me or not. She could even know it is me, but I don't know, so yeah. It's so fun. I've always enjoyed doing it every year. I remember last year we did it for the coach of the football team, Mr. Selover. He is also a Social Studies teacher, and was Amy's. That's why we did it for him. One day, (it was night thankfully) he sat up waiting for me. I crouched down to put down the gift, and what do you know, the door opens and standing over me is Mr. Selover. Of course, I follow my first instinct and ran. However, I took the present with me. Since he is the coach, he is very athletic (and much more so than I), so of course he ran after me. I screamed. I screamed my head off as I ran. Luckily for me, mom was pretty close by where she parked so I got in. Mr. Selover actually thought it was Amy because of my hair, which is sorta the same color, but my voice wasn't the same, making him puzzled, which is good, because he didn't have any clue again. But, we had to go back that same night to deliver the present again because I had never let go of it.

All in all, have a good Christmas everyone! Hearts for all!

No comments: